Social Accountability Accreditation Services – SAAS is an accreditation agency founded to accredit and monitor organizations as certifiers of compliance with social standards, including the Social Accountability 8000 standard for ethical working conditions. SAAS promotes workers’ rights through a voluntary SA8000 system. If a facility meets SA8000 standards, it will earn a certificate for use on facility communications materials, attesting to its social accountability policies, management, and operations. Companies that operate production facilities can seek to have individual facilities certified as SA8000 compliant through audits by SAAS accredited certification bodies. SA 8000 certification addresses critical issues in the workplace such as forced and child labor, occupational health and safety, freedom of association and collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, working hours, compensation, and management systems.
Benefits of SA 8000 Certification Standard:
- Shows your commitment to social accountability and to treating your employees ethically and in compliance with global standards
- Leverages the management and performance of your supply chain
- Reduces the risk of negligence by default, public exposure, uninformed criticism and plausible litigation
- Contributes to the sustainability of your business and supports your company’s vision
- Allows you to demonstrate proper social accountability at all level and to all instances.
- Improves workplace environment and employee engagement
- Provides complete documentation and traceability to root causes of worker and workplace related issues
- Reduction in the need for multiple assessments
Companies can seek to be certified as SA8000 compliant through audits by SAAS accredited certification bodies such as ALGI.
To learn more about SA8000 certification process click here.
Note: Currently ALGI is NOT providing SA8000 certification services in Pakistan or Bangladesh.
E mail us to know about this certification process.